Last Updated on
The Dept. of Commerce has found that anti-dumping & countervailing duty applies to Chinese quartz, typically classified 6810.99.0010.
- Anti-Dumping Case# A570-084-000 General Rate 314.10% Effective Date 08/22/18 (announced 11/20/18, but effective 90 days retroactively)
- Countervailing Case# C570-085-000 General Rate 34.38% Effective Date 09/21/18
- Countervailing Case Terminated Effective 01/19/19 (see below) 05/01/19
Petition filed for AD/CVD investigation on quartz surface products from India & Turkey
- India margin 344.11%
- Turkey margin 89.38%
- ST&R Press Release – INDIA & TURKEY 05/08/19
- CBP CSMS# 19-000270 India & Turkey AD/CVD investigations initiated 05/30/19
- India case numbers A-533-889 and C-533-890
- Turkey case numbers A-489-837 and C-489-838
Note that CBP considers the actual entry date, not the date of importation (I.T. date), nor any other date, to govern applicability of AD/CVD assessments.
Questions? Refer to the FgL TradeCritical Resources link below, and read the disclaimers below.
- Case Specific – Read these messages for explanations and additional information
- CBP CSMS# 8330301 11/26/18 – Announcement of determination and instructions (A570-084)
- CBP CSMS# 8264304 09/21/18 – Announcement of determination and instructions (C570-085)
- CBP CSMS# 9030313 01/30/19 – Announcement of termination of suspension of liquidation (C570-085)
- US ITC Investigation – CHINA
- US DOC Notice of Affirmative Final Determination 05/16/19
- FgL is unable to provide routine updates on this information directly to clients & business associates; it is recommended that the resources provided be monitored routinely. All inquiries will be directed back to this page and/or the FgL TradeCritical Resources page.
- FgL provides this information as a convenience to its clients and business associates. FgL bears no responsibility nor liability related to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or applicability of any such information. FgL serves its clients solely in the role of Customs broker; FgL is not an attorney nor a trade consultant, and is not available to speculate, consult, or advise on matters concerning TradeCritical issues, beyond basic applicability for entry purposes. Importers are strongly advised to retain qualified counsel or consultants, or otherwise understand their legal responsibilities and liabilities in all import related issues.