The Dept. of Commerce has found that anti-dumping & countervailing duty applies to Chinese quartz, typically classified 6810.99.0010.
- Anti-Dumping Case# A570-084-000 General Rate 314.10% Effective Date 08/22/18 (announced 11/20/18, but effective 90 days retroactively)
- Countervailing Case# C570-085-000 General Rate 34.38% Effective Date 09/21/18
Note that CBP considers the actual entry date, not the date of importation (I.T. date), nor any other date, to govern applicability of AD/CVD assessments.
Questions? Refer to the FgL TradeCritical Resources link below, and read the disclaimers below.
- Case Specific – Read these messages for explanations and additional information
- FgL is unable to provide routine updates on this information directly to clients & business associates; it is recommended that the resources provided be monitored routinely. All inquiries will be directed back to this page and/or the FgL TradeCritical Resources page.
- FgL provides this information as a convenience to its clients and business associates. FgL bears no responsibility nor liability related to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or applicability of any such information. FgL serves its clients solely in the role of Customs broker; FgL is not an attorney nor a trade consultant, and is not available to speculate, consult, or advise on matters concerning TradeCritical issues, beyond basic applicability for entry purposes. Importers are strongly advised to retain qualified counsel or consultants, or otherwise understand their legal responsibilities and liabilities in all import related issues.